The Vicar of Wakefield: The Fair Penitent
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Tracing in Reverse, of Recto Design
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor, with pen and gray, brown, and red-brown ink on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 x 7 1/4 inches (11.7 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "T. Rowlandson."
Watermark: [2 words spearated by an asterisk]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | genre subject | guitar | landscape | table (support furniture) | tea kettle | trees | veranda | vicar | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: The Fair Penitent, ca. 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.