IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Tour in a Cathedral, undated
A Tour in a Cathedral
- Additional Title(s):
A Guide Showing Travellers a Tomb Effigy
- Watercolor with pen and gray and red-brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 7/16 x 7 inches (11.3 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray-brown ink, lower left: "Rowlandson"
Watermark: similar to Heawood 1743 (Fleur-de-Lis)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | effigy | gate | genre subject | guide | man | tomb | tour | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.