Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Scene in a Monastery, undated
Scene in a Monastery
- Additional Title(s):
Entrance to a Monastery with a View to Cloisters Beyond
- Watercolor, with pen and brown and gray ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- 5 1/4 x 7 1/2 inches (13.3 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- corridor | genre subject | interior | monastery | monks | robe | steps | vaulted ceilings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.