Scene in a Monastery
- Additional Title(s):
Entrance to a Monastery with a View to Cloisters Beyond
- Watercolor, with pen and brown and gray ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 7 1/2 inches (13.3 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- corridor | genre subject | interior | monastery | monks | robe | steps | vaulted ceilings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Scene in a Monastery, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.