- The Sailor's Return
- Watercolor, with pen and brown, red-brown, and gray ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 x 6 15/16 inches (22.1 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen in black ink, lower left: "The Sailors Return"; verso: lower center: "1[?]6 | [chasais?] [?] [blow...?] [print?] [Dol...?] | our 22-16 [ent?] [?]2 - 23 | [...] [...] Rowlandson | The Sailors Return"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coins | doorway | genre subject | sailors | stools | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Sailor's Return, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.