- Soupe à trois sous
- Etching and drypoint, printed from canceled plate on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 10 3/8 inches (19.1 x 26.4 cm), Plate: 6 x 9 inches (15.2 x 22.9 cm), and Image: 6 x 9 inches (15.2 x 22.9 cm)
Lettered inside image upper center: "Whistler"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bottles | button (fastener) | caps | carafes | coats | doorway | fork | genre subject | glasses (drinking glasses) | men | moustache | plates | rafters | shirt | smock | tables | tie | tray | trousers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Soupe à trois sous, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.