James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Bibi Valentin, 1859
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint, printed from canceled plate on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 10 3/8 inches (18.7 x 26.4 cm), Plate: 6 x 9 inches (15.2 x 22.9 cm), Image: 6 x 9 inches (15.2 x 22.9 cm)
Lettered inside image, lower left: "Whistler. 1859."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | buttons | child | girl | portrait | smock
- Associated People:
- Valentin, Bibi
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.