James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Bibi Valentin, 1859
- Etching and drypoint, printed from canceled plate on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 10 3/8 inches (18.7 x 26.4 cm), Plate: 6 x 9 inches (15.2 x 22.9 cm), and Image: 6 x 9 inches (15.2 x 22.9 cm)
Lettered inside image, lower left: "Whistler. 1859."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | buttons | child | girl | portrait | smock
- Associated People:
- Valentin, Bibi
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.