- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint, printed from canceled plate on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 x 12 7/8 inches (25.4 x 32.7 cm), Plate: 5 1/4 x 8 1/8 inches (13.3 x 20.6 cm), Image: 5 1/4 x 8 1/8 inches (13.3 x 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Not catalogued"; lower right: "39"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: [encircled] "EB[?G]"
Lettered inside image, lower right: "Whistler. | 1863."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | chimneys | church | fence | landscape | masts | men | oars | sails | shore (landform) | smoke | spire | trees
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | England | London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Battersea Reach, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.