Print made by James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Portrait Sketches, between 1870 and 1873
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait sketches including F.R. Leyland and Whistler
- Part Of:
- between 1870 and 1873
- Etching and drypoint, printed from canceled plate on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 9 3/4 inches (32.1 x 24.8 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 6 7/8 inches (30.2 x 17.5 cm), and Image: 11 7/8 x 6 7/8 inches (30.2 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "46"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | beard | coat | heads | men | moustache | painter | portrait | printmaker | self-portrait | sketches | trousers
- Associated People:
- Whistler, James Abbott McNeill (1834–1903), painter and printmaker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.