IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Portrait Sketches, between 1870 and 1873
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait sketches including F.R. Leyland and Whistler
- Part Of:
- between 1870 and 1873
- Etching and drypoint, printed from canceled plate on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 9 3/4 inches (32.1 x 24.8 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 6 7/8 inches (30.2 x 17.5 cm), Image: 11 7/8 x 6 7/8 inches (30.2 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "46"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | beard | coat | heads | men | moustache | painter | portrait | printmaker | self-portrait | sketches | trousers
- Associated People:
- Whistler, James Abbott McNeill (1834–1903), painter and printmaker
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.