- Portrait Sketches
- between 1870 and 1873
- Etching and drypoint, printed from canceled plate on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 9 3/4 inches (32.1 x 24.8 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 6 7/8 inches (30.2 x 17.5 cm), and Image: 11 7/8 x 6 7/8 inches (30.2 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "46"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | beard | coat | heads | men | moustache | painter | portrait | printmaker | self-portrait | sketches | trousers
- Associated People:
- Whistler, James Abbott McNeill (1834–1903), painter and printmaker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Portrait Sketches, between 1870 and 1873
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.