- Ile de la Cité, the Pont au Change, and the Conciergerie, Paris, 1837
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 × 12 1/8 inches (25.7 × 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "1837 Paris"
Signed in pen and brown ink,lower right: "Rich Redgrave"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | buildings | cityscape | figures | pier | river | rocks (landforms)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Paris | Seine | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Stephen Duffy, The discovery of Paris, watercolours by early nineteenth-century British artists , The Wallace Collection, London, London, 2013, p.131, ND1928 D84 2013 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Redgrave, 1804–1888, British, Ile de la Cité, the Pont au Change, and the Conciergerie, Paris, 1837, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.