David Cox, 1783–1859, British, The Poplar Avenue, after Hobbema, ca. 1835
The Poplar Avenue, after Hobbema
- ca. 1835
- Watercolor, gouache, and black chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on, medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 14 3/4 × 20 3/16 inches (37.5 × 51.3 cm) and Sheet: 11 3/16 × 16 1/4 inches (28.4 × 41.3 cm)
Signed in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "David Cox"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- avenue | city | cityscape | fields | horse (animal) | landscape | men | perspective | riding | road | steeple | trees | vines | worker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.