- Pirate's Isle
- Watercolor with stopping out, rubbing out, and scraping out on moderately thick slightly textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 30 3/4 x 42 1/2 inches (78.1 x 108 cm)
Inscribed, lower left: "david Cox. 1826"
Signed and dated, lower left: "david Cox. 1826."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boulders | cliffs | costume | geology | gesture | island | knives (weapons) | literary theme | mountains | pirates | rocks (landforms) | science
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Pirate's Isle, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.