IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Riding School, undated
The Riding School
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Tracing and Incised Lines of Recto Eesign
- Pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 x 8 3/8 inches (14.4 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "D.1287"
Watermark; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- courtyard | dog (animal) | genre subject | horses (animals) | instructors | riders, horseback | riding | riding crops | school | sporting art | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.