- The Riding School
- Pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 x 8 3/8 inches (14.4 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "D.1287"
Watermark, Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- courtyard | dog (animal) | genre subject | horses (animals) | instructors | riders, horseback | riding | riding crops | school | sporting art | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Riding School, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.