- Watercolor with pen and gray ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove pape
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 8 7/16 inches (13.7 x 21.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen in gray ink, lower left: "Church"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | fence | gate | landscape | path | road | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Sotheby's sale catalogue : Catalogue of eighteenth and nineteenth century drawings and paintings : 2 May 1962, Sotheby's, London, May 2, 1962, p. 8, Lot 33, Auction Catalogues (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Church, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.