IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
- Line engraving on wove paper
- Image: 5 3/16 x 4 1/4in. (13.2 x 10.8cm), Sheet: 11 x 7 1/4in. (27.9 x 18.4cm)
In graphite, top center: "3[?0]"; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "After the Print by Martin Droeshout"; below "William Sh[akespeare]"; below "Engraved from the Folio Edition 1623." and below "Rollo, New York"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.