Cottage in a Forest Clearing
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 5 1/2 inches (12.1 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on mount, lower right: "M4"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D 25348"; in graphite, center: "A COTTAGE IN A FORREST CLEARING | BY | THOMAS ROWLANDON | (1756 - 1827)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cottage | forest | genre subject | landscape | wagon
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Cottage in a Forest Clearing, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.