A Potter Going Out
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Shipwreck Scene with Cliffs
- between 1815 and 1820
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 x 9 3/8 inches (15.2 x 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen in black ink, lower right: "WE"; pen in brown ink, (on label attached to mount), lower center: "A Potter going out"; pen in dark gray ink, (on label attached to mount), lower right: "1828 WE - Rowlandson's sale N.101"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrel (container) | chimney (architectural element) | cottage | dog (animal) | doorway | genre subject | horse (animal) | man | potter | pottery | straw | Thatched buildings | wagon | windows | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Potter Going Out, between 1815 and 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.