- Gypsies Cooking on an Open Fire
- Watercolor and with pen and brown ink and pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/16 x 4 13/16 inches (15.4 x 12.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "D28425"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | cook | donkey | fence | fire | genre subject | gypsies | men | outside | resting | sitting | smoke | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Gypsies Cooking on an Open Fire, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.