Visitors Inspecting Abbey Ruins
- Additional Title(s):
A Village Scene with Figures and Ruined Buildings
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink, and pen and red ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 9 7/8 inches (14 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Thomas Rowlandson | (lower right) Village Scene | with Castle Ruins | 02844[...]"; lower left: "[...] 80 (underlined) | 0[...] 76"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | cottages | inspecting | landscape | people by activity | road | rocks (landforms) | rocks (landforms) | ruins | trees | visitors
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Visitors Inspecting Abbey Ruins, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.