- Additional Title(s):
The Entrance to St. Trond, Limbourg, Flanders, with Carriages and Figures on the Bridge
- between 1791 and 1792
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink and pen and gray ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 9 1/2 inches (14.9 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Entrance of Saint Trons German Flanders"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | archways | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | carriages | cityscape | horses (animals) | men | river | soldiers | steeples | town | wagon | wall | weathervanes | women
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Europe | Limbourg | Liège | Vesdre | Wallonie
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Limbourg, Belgium, between 1791 and 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.