IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Reflections, or the Music Lesson, undated
Reflections, or the Music Lesson
- Additional Title(s):
The Reflection, or the Music Lesson
Verso: Watercolor Test
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and gray ink and pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 x 6 3/16 inches (11.7 x 15.7 cm)
Signed in pen and red ink, lower left: "T. Rowlanson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Chair - Arm | elderly | elderly persons | fireplace | genre subject | interior | man | mirror | music | piano | reflections | sheet music | Stool - Foot | Stool - music | window | woman | youth
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art and Music in Britain: Four Encounters, 1730-1900 (Yale Center for British Art, 2006-10-05 - 2006-12-31) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Timothy J. Barringer, Art & music in Britain : four encounters, 1730-1900, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2006, pp. 16, 19, V 1699 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Timothy J. Barringer, Art & music in Britain, four encounters, 1730-1900 (exhibition and label text) , New Haven, 2006, [p. 45], V 1699:1 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.