The Plays of William Shakspeare. Volume the First.
- Line engraving on wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 2 1/2in. (12.7 x 6.4cm)
In graphite, bottom left: "[?7i +] 26"; engraved inscriptions: above image at left "Fairman scr"; above image at right "Vallance sc"; above image at center "The | Plays | of | William Shakspeare | Volume the First"; below image at right "Kearny sc."; below image at center "The Poet's eye in a fine frenzy rolling." and below "Published by Charles Williams | Boston & | Eastburn, Kirk & Co. | New York | 1813."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.