- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving and etching on wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 x 6 15/16in. (23.8 x 17.6cm)
In graphite, bottom left: "2." and bottom right: "E II"; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "Engraved by C. Picart from the original Print by Martin Droeshout."; below "William Shakspeare." and below "London, Published April, 23rd.. 1827 by A. Wivell, 40, Castle Street East."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.