- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Faint Sketch of a House
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 8 13/16 inches (14.3 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D2758bcEF"
Watermark: "JOHN HALL/ 180 [...]"; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barn | buildings | cattle | chickens | dog (animal) | farmers | farmyard | genre subject | hay | horses (animals) | piglets | pigs | sky | Thatched buildings | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.