IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Holl, 1807–1871, British, William Shakespeare
- Line engraving on wove paper
- Image: 4 1/2 x 4in. (11.4 x 10.2cm), Sheet: 10 x 6 1/8in. (25.4 x 15.6cm)
In graphite, bottom left "1.50" and on reverse, top left "Fridenberg"; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "WM S[hakespeare]"; below "Engraved by W. Holl from the print by J. Simon." and below "Published at the Office 14 Henrietta Street Covent Garden London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.