'The Doctor is so Severely Bruised that Cupping is Judged Necessary'
- between 1809 and 1811
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (14 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "The Doctor is so severly bruised that Cupping/ is judged necessary"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basin | bed | bed pans | bedroom | cupping bowls | doctors, medical | doorway | fireplace | genre subject | jar | medicine | men | physician | pillow | rugs | science | servants | vanity | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Royal Academy of Arts, 1978-03-04 - 1978-05-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-11-16 - 1978-01-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]