- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving and etching on wove paper laid down on wove paper
- Image: 4 3/8 x 3 3/4in. (11.1 x 9.5cm), Sheet: 9 1/4 x 7in. (23.5 x 17.8cm)
Engraved inscriptions: below image, at left "R. Burbage pinxt. 1597."; below image, at right "J. Cochran sculpt."; below image, at center "Shakspeare"; below "The property of George Nicol Esqr." and below "Lonond. Pubd. by A. Wivell, 40, Castle Street East 1827."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.