- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving on wove paper
- Image: 4 3/8 x 3 3/8in. (11.1 x 8.6cm), Sheet: 9 3/4 x 6 1/2in. (24.8 x 16.5cm)
In graphite: below image, at center "-SS-"; bottom left "40" and bottom right "2215-4"; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "Edward Smith from an Original Painting."; below "Shakspeare." and below "London | Published (for the Union Shakspeare.)" | by Robt. Jennings. 2. Poultry. | 1829."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.