IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Scriven, 1775–1841, British, Shakspeare
- Etching, line engraving and stipple engraving on wove paper
- Image: 5 1/8 x 4in. (13 x 10.2cm), Sheet: 10 1/2 x 7in. (26.7 x 17.8cm)
In graphite, bottom left: "30"; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "Engraved by E. Scriven from the Picture in possession of His Grace the Duke of Buckingham."; below "SHAKSPEARE." and below "WILLIAM MACKENZIE. GLASGOW. EDINBURGH. LONDON & NEW YORK."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.