- Stipple engraving on wove paper laid down on wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 3 13/16in. (14.9 x 9.7cm)
In graphite, bottom left: "G"; in pen and ink, top right "[?40e]"; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "Engraved by W. Holl from a print by R. Cooper."; below "SHAKSPEARE."; below "I, - am not shap'd for sportive tricks, | Nor made to court an amorous looking-glass,-" and below "London, Published by A. Wivell 40, Castle Street East 1827."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.