- Stipple engraving on wove paper laid down on wove paper
- Image: 4 1/8 x 3 1/4in. (10.5 x 8.3cm) and Sheet: 8 1/8 x 6 3/16in. (20.6 x 15.7cm)
In graphite, bottom left: "[?2]"; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "Engraved by W. Holl from a print by R. Cooper."; below "SHAKSPEARE."; below "I, - am not shap'd for sportive tricks, | Nor made to court an amorous looking-glass,-" and below "London, Published by A. Wivell 40, Castle Street East 1827."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.