The Gaming Table
- Watercolor with pen and brown and gray ink, over graphite on moderately thick, moderatedly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 9 1/2 inches (14.9 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "[...]"
Signed and dated in pen and ink, lower left: "Rowlandson 1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | chips, gambling | gambling | gambling chips | gaming table | genre subject | hats | interior | men | money | room
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Jane Austen, Pride and prejudice, an annotated edition , Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Mass., 2010, p. 339, PR4034 P7X 2010 + (SML)
British Art at Yale, Apollo, v.105, no. 182, April 1977, p. 280, fig. 9, N5220 M552 A7 1977 OVERSIZE (YCBA) Published as April 1977 issue of Apollo; all of the articles may also be found in bound Apollo Volume [N1 A54 105:2 +]
The Cunning Eye of Thomas Rowlandson, Apollo, vol.105, no. 182, April 1977, p. 280, fig. 9, N1 A54 05:2 + (YCBA) Also available: N5220 M552 A7 1977 + (YCBA)