- Etching, stipple engraving and line engraving on wove paper
- Image: 5 3/8 x 4 1/2in. (13.7 x 11.4cm), Sheet: 12 1/2 x 9 3/4in. (31.8 x 24.8cm), and Plate: 9 3/4 x 7 3/8in. (24.8 x 18.7cm)
In graphite, bottom left: "1.50"; engraved inscriptions: below image, at left "A. Wivell delt."; below image, at right "I. Cochran sculpt."; below image, at center "SHAKSPEARE | In the collection of the Duke of Buckingham" and below "London, Published by A. Wivell, 1827."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Abraham Wivell, 1786–1899, British, Shakspeare, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.