- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching, stipple engraving and line engraving on wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 5 1/2in. (22.2 x 14cm)
In graphite, bottom left: "G"; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "T. Wright Sculpt."; below "SHAKSPEARE, | In the collection of the Duke of Somerset." and below "London, Published by A. Wivell, 40, Castle Street, East."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.