The Elevation of the Design for the Bank of England by Theodore Jacobsen Esqr.
- Additional Title(s):
Elevazione del disegno per la Banca di Londra del Sigr. Theodore Jacobsen
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 16 1/4 inches (27.6 x 41.3 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 13 11/16 inches (24.7 x 34.7 cm), and Image: 9 7/16 x 13 3/8 inches (24 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left along vertical edge: "32"; lower left along vertical edge: "32"
Lettered, lower center: "The Elevation of the Design for the Bank of England by Theodore Jacobsen Esq.r | Elevazione del disegno per la Banca di Londra del Sig.r Theodore Jacobsen."; lower right: "P. Fourdrinier Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural drawing | architectural subject | bank | columns | design | elevation (drawing) | measurement | Neo-Classical | pediments | plan (drawing) | statues | windows
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Europe | Greater London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Fourdrinier, French, The Elevation of the Design for the Bank of England by Theodore Jacobsen Esqr, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.