IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Sandown Fort, undated
- Additional Title(s):
Sandown Fort, Isle of Wight - One of Three
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 17 1/4 inches (12.1 x 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Sandown Fort"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | beach | flag | fort | fortress | landscape | people by activity | sand | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Isle of Wight | Sandown | Sandown Bay | Sandown Fort | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.