- Plymouth Dock
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink, pen and red ink, and pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, beig, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 11 5/8 inches (17.5 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen in black ink, lower left: "PLYMOUTH DOCK"
Signed and dated in pen in black ink, lower right: "Rowlandson 1817."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | buildings | chickens | children | chimneys (architectural elements) | crowd | dock | dock | dog (animal) | doorways | genre subject | hats | houses | luggage | marine art | men | pipe (smoking equipment) | ships | shore (landform) | soldiers | steps | village | water | wheelbarrow | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Europe | Plymouth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Plymouth Dock, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.