IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Cloisters of a Monastery, undated
The Cloisters of a Monastery
- Additional Title(s):
The Cloisters of a Monastery with Monks
Verso: Watercolor Test
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and red ink and pen and gray ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 x 7 7/8 inches (12.4 x 20 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archways | cloisters | corridors | doorway | genre subject | monastery | monks | reading | sitting | vaulted ceilings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.