An Artist's Studio
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown, brown, and gray ink, over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (26.7 x 21.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "5"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "5"
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Rowlandson. 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | books | bust | cats (domestic cats) | cello | easel | genre subject | hats | jug | men | paint | paint brushes | painter (artist) | painting (visual work) | pipe | sculpture | smoke | smoking (activity) | stool | studio (work space) | Table - mixing | window
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Burlington Fine Art and Antique Dealers' Fair Ltd. (Royal Academy of Arts, 1982-03-12 - 1982-03-21) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Royal Academy of Arts, 1978-03-04 - 1978-05-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-11-16 - 1978-01-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Vic Gatrell, The first bohemians, life and art in London's golden age , Allen Lane, London, 2013, pp. 151, 152, fig. 65, NX544.L6 G37 2013 (YCBA) [YCBA]