- Watercolor, gray wash, pen and brown ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/16 x 7 13/16 inches (13.8 x 19.8 cm), Mount: 8 1/2 x 11 inches (21.6 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "N36 Kitty not to be overcome by the Doctors elocution - her suffers his passions | to overcome his Reason and is caught in the act of taking unwarrantable liberties"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower center: "The Doctors Passions overcomes his reason and attempts unwarrant | Liberties with Kitty"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cat (domestic cat) | chair | churn | dishes | dog (animal) | door | elderly | genre subject | man | mouse | shelves | steps | Table - mixing | women | youth
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.