The Fighting Téméraire
- Additional Title(s):
The Fighting Téméraire Tugged to Her Last Berth to Be Broken Up
The Old Téméraire
- ca. 1887
- Etching printed in brown ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 22 × 29 1/4 inches (55.9 × 74.3 cm), Plate: 20 × 26 inches (50.8 × 66 cm), Image: 18 × 24 1/4 inches (45.7 × 61.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "6654"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "H R Robertson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Doret, Yale BA 1968
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | ship | steamboat | sunset
- Associated Places:
- England | Thames Estuary | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Robert Robertson, 1839–1921, British, The Fighting Téméraire, ca. 1887
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.