- A Review on Blackheath, May 1785
- Watercolor with pen and black ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 7 9/16 x 13 inches (19.2 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Review on Blackheath May 1785..---- ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriages | crowd | genre subject | guns (artillery) | hats | horses (animals) | men | military art | military uniforms | military, the | soldiers | wheels | windmill | women
- Associated Places:
- Blackheath | England | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Review on Blackheath, May 1785, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.