Conrad Martin Metz, 1749–1827, German, Christ the Judge and Saints John the Baptist and Abel, 1801
Christ the Judge and Saints John the Baptist and Abel
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 24 7/16 × 15 5/8 inches (62.1 × 39.7 cm), Plate: 23 1/16 × 14 7/16 inches (58.6 × 36.7 cm), Image: 21 3/4 × 13 3/16 inches (55.2 × 33.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "#174"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Geoffrey and Renée Hartman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Baptist | gathering | heaven | John the Baptist; possible attributes: book, reed cross, baptismal cup, honeycomb, lamb, staff - early life of male saint | judge | Last Judgement | man | nude | pelt | religious and mythological subject | saint | salvation | soul
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.