- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 25 7/8 inches (28.6 × 65.7 cm), Plate: 9 7/16 × 24 11/16 inches (24 × 62.7 cm), and Image: 9 × 23 5/8 inches (22.9 × 60 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "175"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Geoffrey and Renée Hartman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrow | blade | choosing | crowd | man | martyr | religious and mythological subject | saint | salvation | soul | the martyr Sebastian; possible attributes: arrow(s), bow, tree-trunk | the virgin martyr Catherine of Alexandria; possible attributes: book, crown, emperor Maxentius, palm-branch, ring, sword, wheel | wheel | woman
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.