Drawing for the Frontispiece of Erasmus Darwin's "The Botanic Garden"
- Additional Title(s):
Flora Attired by the Elements
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 8 3/4 x 6 3/8 inches (22.2 x 16.2 cm) and 18 × 15 1/8 × 1 3/4 inches (45.7 × 38.4 × 4.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite: "Fuseli evidently drew this and A. Smith engraved it | The engraving being published June 1st 1791 by J. Johnson. | St. Pauls Churchyard."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Lowell Libson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | butterfly | earth | fire | flowers (plants) | garden | mirror | oval | portrait | religious and mythological subject | rings | urn | water | wind | women
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Mrs Delany & Her Circle (Sir John Soane's Museum, 2010-02-19 - 2010-05-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Mrs Delany & Her Circle (Yale Center for British Art, 2009-09-24 - 2010-01-03) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]