- Dr. Syntax Attends the Execution
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/16 x 8 1/2 inches (13.8 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Attends the Execution"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archway | balcony | buildings | children | coffin | crowd | dog (animal) | execution (event) | genre subject | horses (animals) | men | wagon | windows | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Dr. Syntax Attends the Execution, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.