- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 8 11/16 inches (12.7 x 22.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "The Mausoleum"; in pen and brown ink: "Your Hobbled Dad is just gone home | And now we look for joys to come."
Signed in pen and dark gray ink over graphite, lower right: "Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | bones (material) | carriage | death | dog (animal) | doorway | feather | genre subject | hats | horse (animal) | lady | mausoleum | men | skeleton | skull (skeleton component) | trees | wheels
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.