IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Time and Death and Goody Barton, undated
Time and Death and Goody Barton
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and gray brown ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/16 x 8 3/8 inches (13.2 x 21.3 cm)
watermark: similar to Shorter 97 (date reads 1814 instead of 1794)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | allegory of Time and Eternity | bones (material) | children | cottage | death | dogs (animals) | dying | elderly | genre subject | men | sickle | skeletons | sky | wagon | women | youth
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.