- A Procession of the Damned: Study for the Damned in Dante's "Inferno"
- Brown wash with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 10 3/8 inches (15.9 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D. 754"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | literary theme | procession | robes | sky | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, A Procession of the Damned: Study for the Damned in Dante's "Inferno", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.