IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Moore, 1762–1799, British, Bow & Arrow Castle, Portland, England, 1791
Bow & Arrow Castle, Portland, England
- Additional Title(s):
Rufus Castle, Portland, England
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Two Volumes of, 187 Drawings and Manuscripts, Including, 4 Etchings
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 8 3/8 inches (16.8 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "July 13th 91"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Bow & Arrow Castle Portland [...]"
Dated: July 13th 1791
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ruins | stones
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Portland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.