- The Grave, A Poem, by Robert Blair
- Etching and letterpress, bound in contemporary publisher's paper-covered boards, rebacked on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 14 1/2 inches (36.8 cm) and Sheet: 14 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (36.2 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed inside front cover in graphite: "first issue | a subscriber's copy. small"; inscribed inside back cover in graphite: "Collated | & complete | pp. B[...] | D2515"
Lettered label on front cover: "Blake's | Illustrations | of | Blair's Grave, | Engraved by Schiavonetti. | 13 Plates. - Price 2l. 12s. 6d."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat | cravat | literary theme | pen | portrait | religious and mythological subject | sitting | The Grave (1743) | vest
- Associated People:
- Blake, William (1757–1827), engraver, artist, and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Prints made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Grave, A Poem, by Robert Blair, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.