The Grave, A Poem, by Robert Blair
- Part Of:
- Etching and letterpress, bound in contemporary publisher's paper-covered boards, rebacked on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 14 1/2 inches (36.8 cm) and Sheet: 14 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (36.2 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed inside front cover in graphite: "first issue | a subscriber's copy. small"; inscribed inside back cover in graphite: "Collated | & complete | pp. B[...] | D2515"
Lettered label on front cover: "Blake's | Illustrations | of | Blair's Grave, | Engraved by Schiavonetti. | 13 Plates. - Price 2l. 12s. 6d."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat | cravat | literary theme | pen | portrait | religious and mythological subject | sitting | The Grave (1743) | vest
- Associated People:
- Blake, William (1757–1827), engraver, artist, and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Prints made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Grave, A Poem, by Robert Blair, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.